Thursday, March 29, 2012

Accent Wall

What you are looking at here is: our entry way... the front door is on the right of the picture, the hallway is on the left, and I am standing in the living room.




Finally with some time on my hands, I measured and taped off my stripes.  The big area is 12" and the small stripe is 6".  (BIG Thanks to my mom and Ross for correcting a few slanted lines)


I used the same grey that is in our living room to fill in the lines.  I studied a few different painting techniques, but basically taped it off, ran my fingers along the tape to seal, and painted in strokes starting on the tape to the wall to make sure the paint didn't leak into the tape.  (BIGGER thanks to my super artsy sister, Karen, for brainstorming ideas on how to attempt this...you can check out her blog here.)

And of course all the tape.
VOILA!  The finished product.




1 comment: